A blogger for a “parenting” website called “Mommyish” recently compiled a list of reasons to kill your unborn child. I’m not sure if the irony of a parenting website advocating for killing kids is lost on the blogger or not. But here’s the list:
1. Having a baby would endanger your life.
2. Your birth control failed.
3. You don’t want to have a child because of your career.
4. You feel you are too young.
5. You feel you are too old.
6. You feel strongly about overpopulation.
7. You are worried about the health of the baby.
8. You want no relationship with the person who got you pregnant.
9. You don’t want to have a child.
Do you notice the central word in all of these reason? It seems the only thing that should matter is “you.” Evidently the life of a unique human being is of no consequence to this blogger. I am particularly irritated by reason number 7 as the blogger suggests that if you are worried about the health of the baby you should just kill the child. Should we then kill the elderly if we are concerned their health is declining. What about accident victims and war vets whose lives are forever changed and whose health is now a concern. This is absurdity at its finest. Click here for original article.